Family Law | Penn Chambers Is Proudly Supporting Those Who Serve | Armed Forces Covenant
Updated: Aug 7
We are proud to announce we have signed the Armed Forces Covenant. We have committed to honour the Armed Forces Covenant and support the Armed Forces Community by signing the pledge.
We recognise the value of Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reservists, Veterans and military families contribute to our business and our country.
We will endeavour in our business dealings to uphold the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant.
Penn Chambers will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
· promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation by advertising the same on as much of our published material as possible, whenever possible and in particular our websites;
· supporting the employment of veterans young and old and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment pathway for Service Leavers;
· supporting the employment of Service spouses and partners by encouraging Service spouses to apply for roles;
· guaranteeing to offer a degree of flexibility in granting standard leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a spouse or partner’s deployment where ever possible as well as granting additional paid leave before and after a spouses or partners deployment where ever possible;
· guaranteeing to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment wherever possible as well as granting additional paid leave for all or part of their training and deployment where ever possible;
· encouraging our employees to join the Reserve forces and paying them a lump sum equal to their paid Service tax-free bonus (“bounty”) after their first full year of qualifying service with us throughout their period of employment with us;
· offering support to our local cadet units, either in our local community or in local schools, wherever possible;
· aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day;
· offering financial discounts to members of the Armed Forces Community, when instructed to act on their behalf.
We are proud to share our commitments with you today and keep sharing how we will seek to honour the commitments made tomorrow.
If you are part of the Armed Forces Community and need legal advice in Family Law or Wills, Trusts & Probate, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help and we offer our services to you at discounted rates.
0800 073 73 76